Saturday, July 22
WELCOME TO LETTERFORUM 2006!
Arrival and check-in, 11–6 in Warren Hall. (After 6 pm, please register at the Letterforum Office.) Your registration packet will contain your Letterforum catalog and calendar, scheduling information, tutorial assignment (if you requested), a campus map, and your special gift, the Scribe Sampler. Every participant and guest staying on campus will receive a key card, which will be your access pass to the dorms as well as your meal pass. Please guard this card carefully, as there will be a lost card charge of $20.
Also at registration you will receive a receipt for your payments to date and an ending balance statement. (Balance may reflect additional charges for a single room, a room in the Bluestone area, a tour, or the Tuesday barbecue.) Then proceed to your dorm to unpack and relax!
Things to do after unpacking:
- Bring your unframed art to the Participants Exhibit in the Duke Art Building.
- Stop by the Peanut Gallery to pick up your conference pre-order.
- Start shopping! Visit the Trade Show (open through Tuesday), John Neal Books and Paper & Ink Arts (open through Friday) and the Peanut Gallery (open through the week).
- If you want a snack, look for the campus Starbucks (open all day) or Top Dog Cafe (open for lunch only). They are NOT part of the Letterforum meal plan so you need to pay with cash or credit card.
- Stop by the Letterforum Office (the Nuthouse) at Room 307 of Taylor Hall to find out about last-minute events, make a reservation for a tour or to volunteer to teach a Serendipity.
- 12:30-1:30 - Registration for Mini-workshops at Taylor 307.
- 2 and 4 pm - Mini-workshops (registration required).
- 5 pm – Newcomers Meeting. Plan to attend if this is your first conference, or if you would like to get to know a little about the campus.
- 5:30–7:30 – Dinner in Gibbons Dining Hall.
- 7:30 – Classroom Monitors Meeting.
- 8:00 – Opening Presentation in the Grafton-Stovall Theatre, including video presentation introducing the faculty.
- 8:30 – Gallery Walk – official opening of the Letterforum Exhibits.